Monday, April 14, 2014

Anti-holiday Me

I'm feeling very anti-holiday. In fact, I downright hate them all right now. 

I promise that this time it has nothing to do with TTC. Nothing remotely. 

It has everything to do with scheduling. And conflicts. And trying to make everyone happy. And failing. 

I'd rather just skip them all entirely, but that's generally frowned upon. Unless you have sick children because nobody wants them around to spread the germs. 

At this point, I'm thinking of moving away. That's the next best solution. 

Yep. I'll just have to move.


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that it has been such a hassle for you! I agree that holidays can suck it once in while, because there is bound to be someone who gets mad at you no matter what you do. :P Hope you feel better. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! The issues have been worked out so I do feel better. I just feel like holidays are always a hassle for us and it just gets so old! :)

      Delete
  2. Well if you move away you should consider Tennessee ;) Just saying! And I am feeling anti-holiday these days too but for different reasons. I think they commercialization of the holidays are ridiculous. Why do I need to spend $25-$50 on an Easter basket and gifts for my kid? That's crazy talk. Same with every other little holiday - Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, 4th of July, etc! I think to each there own but when people go ALL out for these little days it just drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'll keep that in mind! :) But UGH! Don't get me started on commercialization. Chris and I have that conversation at Christmas every year. It isn't so bad for us with the others right now but we will definitely be keeping holidays simple when we have kids!

      Delete

Leave some love!