Thursday, November 28, 2013

TTC Thursday: Thanksgiving Edition

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day and great weekend!

I was really hoping to have read that book on NaPro Technology by now, but somebody has super bad form and refuses to return it to the library! Sadness.

I am 6 dpo today, so it's really too early for any symptom spotting. I have a lot of hope for this cycle though, because it was very different and I just have a feeling about it. It would be excellent timing.

I've mentioned some things here and there about what happened around ovulation but I never really got into detail. I wanted to share it though because it was super weird for me.

On CD 12 I started opks like normal. I took one earlier in the afternoon and it was just a shade lighter than a full positive, so later that evening I took another one. The 2nd was definitely positive. The next afternoon/evening I took #3...and #4...and #5. All positive. The last positive was right about 24 hours since the first positive. I also started having some pretty obvious, period cramp like pain on my right side during the late afternoon and it was still going on when I went to bed that night. The next afternoon the opks were negative, my temp had spiked appropriately and my CM was different.

I was kind of amazed. For the very first time in 2 years I know without a shadow of a doubt that I ovulated between CD 13 and 14 (overnight, the official verdict is Day 14) and all my signs lined up perfectly. Not to mention, I have never had a surge like that or such crazy ovulation pain.

Usually I have twinges that I think "might" be ovulation pain. And usually I get a positive opk the evening before my temp spike. I've never had a 24+ hour surge before.

Like I said, it was really weird. But I am being super cautious this cycle and taking progesterone just in case. I haven't taken it since I ran out over the summer, but I got something different and crossing fingers that it makes a difference.

I honestly have no idea why this cycle was so different. I have continued taking Maca, but I increased my dose to 3000mg until ovulation. I cut it back to 2000mg after. I have a feeling that may have had something to do with it, even though it's not supposed to cause ovulation craziness. What I think is that it maybe my hormones got a boost from the Maca (which IS what it's supposed to do) and that intensified my ovulation. But I also started taking better vitamins and a vitamin D3 supplement, which also has an influence on your hormones. Either way, I'm happy that everything was so obvious to me. It was nice for a change!

Here's hoping for an early Christmas present in the next 10 days or so! Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow... You've got me excited! Even if its not "the cycle," sounds like the start of a change. But, here's hoping this is the one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really hoping this is it, but we'll see...I'm not sure what I think right now!

      Delete

Leave some love!