Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cookies and More Cookies

This year for Thanks giving I'm sending a cookie tray with Chris to his family's celebration. Unfortunately, both families are doing their things at the Exact. Same. Time. And nobody wants to budge.

Seriously?

So at this point it looks like we get to split up for the day. I'm not happy.

But anyway...I figured that a cookie tray would be a safe thing for Chris to take. It doesn't have to be a certain temperature and the worst that will happen is that the cookies might break if they get dropped. Hey, you never know.
Sometimes husbands need supervision.

I picked out 4 cookies to bake, and I'm getting started tonight. In fact, I have two batches of dough in the fridge and I'm about to make a third. I thought I would share my picks just in case anyone needs or wants some baking inspiration!

Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies








These are my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I have yet to get a bad batch. They are rich and chewy and stay soft even after a couple of days. You can find them over at Brown Eyed Baker.

Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies








I found this recipe at Everyday Home Cook. I love a soft, chewy peanut butter cookie and these are perfect. **I made these after I posted and I'm going to be making a second batch. They melt in your mouth! Chris took a bunch with him to work so I'm making another batch for the cookie tray.**

Soft Gingersnaps











Gingersnaps are usually a crisp cookie, and I clearly prefer soft ones. But the combination of spices is amazing and I really like them. So when I came across this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction, I knew I had to try these out. I am using white chocolate in place of the butterscotch chips you see in the picture.

And last but definitely not least...

Toffee & Chocolate Shortbread Cookies








My mother in law and I tried these cookies at a shop we visited during our girls weekend. I came home and found a recipe because I am a suckered for shortbread cookies. They are one cookie that definitely should have a crispness too them. Anyway, these are loaded with toffee chips and mini chocolate chips and THEN dipped in chocolate. So much love. Even Chris (who is my polar opposite when it comes to sweets) really liked them.

Okay. Back to baking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am so impressed. I am definitely not a baker, so to see all of those at once is so impressive! I'm especially intrigued by the ginger snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gingersnap dough is delicious! I haven't baked any yet, but I think they'll be really good!
    It hasn't been too bad but I'm not sure that I'll ever attempt to make this many varieties of cookies in one sitting again!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!