So here we go! This involves answering questions, asking them and divulging 11 little secrets about yourself. It also means that I get to nominate 11 more people when it's all said and done!
11 things about me
1. I won't ever buy an e-reader, like the Nook or Kindle. I like the feel of real books in my hands. Plus it makes for a much more interesting bookshelf.
2. I am a totally typical, absolutely textbook firstborn. Perfectionist, self motivated, more comfortable with people older or younger than me rather than with people my age. I am pretty driven when it comes to the things I want, and I am a big time people pleaser. I'm also one of those people who potentially gets taken advantage of because I'm reliable and responsible. I'm also a discouraged perfectionist.
3. I might seem a little like a girly girl, but I enjoy bonfires, four wheeling, target practice with my Glock Gen4 9mm, and demolition derbies. You have my husband to thank for that. =) I will not, however, change my own oil. Chris tried to teach me one time and made me cry instead.
4. When I was younger, I did tumbling with a local homeschool group and I would LOVE to take lessons but I'm scared to because I know my butt would get whooped!
5. If I had the money, I would still be in school getting my 10th degree. I would study history, literature, psychology, sociology and philosophy if I could go back, and I would get some training in education so that I could actually use some of what I learned.
6. I would love to write a book someday.
7. My dream vacation is to spend a few months in Europe, especially Ireland and Scotland.
8. I'm the oldest of 7 kids--4 girls and 3 boys. We are spaced anywhere from 18 months to 2 1/2 years apart so we are pretty close. I love that relationship with my family!
9. I have a BFA in Musical Theatre and I spent some time teaching private voice and piano lessons in a studio. I would love to do it again, but haven't been able to so far.
10. I've been thinking about opening my own business lately. I would open an organic grocery store in my county that would offer farm fresh dairy and produce from local farms, green cleaning supplies, herbs and essential oils, etc. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it's something to keep in the back of my mind!
11. I am a libertarian. I support individual rights and oppose government getting involved in things that should be private. I also think that at this point, our country needs to focus less on social issues and more on getting our economy in good shape and our spending under control...because when it's all said and done, if we want those social issues to have a place to happen we need to maintain our country. I'm also a HUGE proponent of personal responsibility, and I think it's becoming a lost art in our society.
1. What color are your toenails painted right now?
Purple. And they really need to be redone.
2. Tell a story about a childhood birthday party.
I didn't have a lot of parties growing up (1 of 7 kids, that's a LOT of parties!) but I have a lot of good birthday memories. Like being away at my grandparent's house that week and spending my birthday with them, or spending it with a good friend in Seattle after she moved.
3. What are you addicted to?
The first thing that comes to mind is chocolate. Then ice cream. Those are two things that I will never ever turn down. =)
4. Do you have any weird habits?
Not really. I do have a terrible habit of NEVER returning library books on time. They have made SO much money off me!
5. Are you happy in your career? Job? Way you spend your days?
Yes and no. I enjoy my job and the people I work with, but I definitely want more. It isn't this, and it isn't what I went to school for. I want to be a SAHM more than anything. That would make me really happy.
6. When did you meet your significant other? Were you too old? Too young? Just right?
Just right, leaning towards too young. I was about 2 weeks from turning 17 and Chris had just turned 20 when we met. We were together for 2 years before getting engaged and then our wedding wasn't for a year after that, but people still looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I was married!
7. Describe your favorite item of clothing.
8. So, what's the point of a blog, anyway?
For me, it's a place to vent my frustrations, share my experiences and document stuff that is going on in my life. If you've been reading mine for any length of time you know I've bounced around a bit looking for focus with it, and I'm telling you right now that I will probably change something again before too long. But I'm getting there!
9. What food describes your mood today?
10. Where will you be when you're 45?
First thought...that's 20 years away and I have a LOT to do! I would like to be working on being an empty nester and shipping my kids off to college! I'd also like to be totally debt free and living a very self sufficient lifestyle, but also be able to travel. I also want to be in great health.
11. So why are YOU responding to these questions?
In all honesty, they got copied and pasted into an email so I had something to do at work, because we are painfully slow this morning! These days are the worst, because I have so much to do at home and can't do anything but sit around and think about it.
11 Questions for YOU
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. How did you know that your spouse was THE ONE? (If single, what traits are you looking for in a future spouse?)
3. Name the 3 most important people in your life. Why are they so important?
4. How do your personal beliefs (social/religious/philosophical) differ from your upbringing now that you are an adult? How have they stayed the same?
5. If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
7. What is one way you are seeking to improve yourself this year?
8. What is the best book you have ever read?
9. What song describes your mood today?
10. Do you have any pets?
11. Do you have a bucket list?
And the nomination goes to....
The blogs I picked are ones I read often and ones that I find particularly inspiring or interesting.
1. Chasing Moonlight & Roses
2. Another Day Another Moment
3. Laughing in a Beautiful World
4. A Mad Girl's Lovesong
5. Love Like You've Never Been Hurt
6. TTC:Swimming Against the Tide
7. Lovely Things
8. 2 Love Birds Building a Nest
9. Our Journey from Us Two to a Family
10. A Fraction of the Whole
11. Life On Delgany Street
Congratulations and have fun!